Find out 10 Ways on How to Succeed In Life According to US Navy Admiral William Harry McRaven
On May 17, thousands of graduates at the University of Texas at Austin (UTA) have been inspired by the message conveyed by their guest of honor, United States Navy Admiral William Harry McRaven. Many of them even got teary eyes as they listened attentively to what he was saying about succeeding in life as well as in changing the world.
Born in North Carolina in 1955, McRaven had spent his early years in San Antonio, Texas. In 1977, he earned his bachelor’s degree in journalism from UTA yet he decided to enroll in Basic Navy SEAL Training which lasted for almost six months.
During his commencement speech in front of Batch 2014, he shared the hardships he had experience throughout his stay at the training camp in California. He spoke about the ten ways on how to succeed in life which he had learned in the naval exercises, namely:
1. Small things should be done correctly before doing the big things right.
2. Changing the world is not a solitary act. A person needs the help of others to do so.
3. One must have the willingness to succeed.
4. Failure should serve as a lesson from the past and not be a hindrance to move on in life.
5. Hardships may give pain but they surely have lessons on how to live in the real world.
6. Don’t always follow the steps of others. Make a difference.
7. Deal with problems. Don’t turn back.
8. Stay strong amidst the challenges in life.
9. Don’t lose hope and be an inspiration to others.
10. Never quit in life.
In addition, McRaven said that it is really hard and even impossible to change the world instantly. However, he told them that when they start changing the lives of at least ten people they know and the latter will do the same, the world will be changed in the next six generations. Moreover, he believed that everyone can change the world and it happens anywhere.
In 2011, McRaven managed the Operation Neptune Spear which became successful in combating one of the largest terroristic groups in the world, the Al-Qaeda and leading to the death of its leader, Osama Bin Laden. In the same year, he was recognized as a Distinguished Alumnus of UTA. McRaven is married to Georgeann Brady McRaven and has three children.
🙂 Please SHARE Daily Trending Search 🙂
Related trending articles across the web – Daily Trending Search
- Fmr. Navy SEAL Commander, Admiral William McRaven’s10 Life Lessons for Grads (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Admiral McRaven’s Commencement Speech (kerry-patton.com)
- Video: Admiral McRaven’s top ten tips for college graduates (hotair.com)
- Admiral William H. McRaven Will Be Commencement Speaker for The University of Texas at Austin (utexas.edu)
- Adm. McRaven ordered destruction of Osama bin Laden death photos (fellowshipoftheminds.com)